Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
01.How can I upload my podcast on JioSaavn?JioSaavn doesn’t host podcasts, so you won’t be able to upload the raw audio files directly. However, you can list your existing podcast, on JioSaavn by submitting your RSS Feed link, using JioSaavn YourCast. In case you do not have an RSS link, you will need to use a hosting provider/podcast aggregator to create an RSS Feed first.
02.Which hosting providers does JioSaavn support?
We support all the major hosting providers. Following is the list of a few podcast hosting websites you can upload your podcast on:
03.How do I get started on JioSaavn with my podcast?You can start with getting an RSS Feed from any of the hosting services for your podcast. Then you can share the RSS Feed with JioSaavn through the YourCast platform in a matter of minutes with the following process:
- Register/Get Started on JioSaavn YourCast by creating an account.
- Verify your registered email address.
- Agree to the T&C and input the legal name this contract is bound with.
- Copy your podcast’s RSS Feed and paste it in the input field.
- Give additional details about your podcast.
- An email will be sent to the email address linked with your RSS Feed with an OTP. Paste the OTP on the screen and submit.
- Tadaa, your podcast will be submitted for an internal review and will be approved in next 8-10 business days.
To avoid rejection later, please ensure the following before submitting your RSS Feed:
- Share the RSS Feed you own the rights of.
- You have access to the email id linked to your RSS Feed.
- Intermediate episodes in any of the seasons are not missing. The sequencing of your episodes is proper. To avoid this issue, please remove episode numbering from episode titles.
04.When I add a link to my podcast’s RSS feed, I get a ‘mandatory fields are missing’ error message.Reach out to your hosting platform to see if they can help update the missing elements (Artwork, Show Title, Episode Titles, Episode Release Dates, Host info, Audio Files etc.).
05.Which RSS tags are mandatory for submitting the podcast on JioSaavn?
Show Level Mandatory Tags:
- Show Artwork
Episode Level Mandatory Tags:
For detailed content guidelines - please refer to this document.
06.I am not able to access the OTP as the email address in my RSS Feed is not accessible to me. How can I update it?
The OTP sent to this email address, that is linked to your RSS Feed, is used to ensure that you are the owner of the podcast being submitted. It’s an important step that we can’t miss. We suggest you reach out to your hosting provider to see if you can update the email address associated with your RSS feed.
Several hosting providers let you update it from your hosting dashboard itself. For eg - podcasts hosted on Anchor can change their RSS Feed email id through their Anchor dashboard itself (Settings > Distribution > Display personal email address publicly).
We suggest that you submit the RSS Feed only after updating the email that’s accessible to you. But in case you’ve come across the problem at the OTP step, you can get the RSS Feed email id updated from your hosting provider and then restart the submission process by clicking on the ‘back icon’ placed beside Podcast Verification title on the OTP Page.
07.How long does it take for my podcast to be reviewed?It usually takes 8-10 business days for us to review each & every podcast before we approve or reject the submitted podcasts.
08.How can I claim my podcast which is live on JioSaavn already?We currently only let podcast creators share new podcasts through YourCast. But do not worry, our team will add this new feature soon and then you can claim your podcast.
09.Why has my podcast been rejected/auto-rejected?A podcast is auto- rejected for any of the following reasons:
- The most common reason - There are some missing episodes in your show or the episode sequence is not proper. If this is the case for you, we suggest you to remove the episode count from episode titles and then reach us out on email@example.com
- Your podcast is either a duplicate or is very similar to a podcast that is already published on JioSaavn.
- You chose a wrong hosting platform while submitting your podcast.
- Your podcast content was not aligned with the content guidelines of JioSaavn.
10.After my podcast is live on JioSaavn app, do I need to do something to update the new episodes?We check for an update for every published podcast every couple of hours, which means, when you upload your new episode or a new show artwork on your hosting platform, JioSaavn will have it published within 2 hrs of that moment.
11.Why isn’t my published podcast appearing in Search?New podcasts can take 3-4 hours before they appear on search after being published.
12.How can I update my podcast categories?You can update the categories of your podcast during submission. If you want to change it after submission, you can click on the pencil icon (edit option) on ‘Your Podcasts’ page which is towards the right of each podcast row.
13.How can I promote my podcast on JioSaavn?JioSaavn has over 150Mn users streaming music & podcasts through its android/iOS apps & website. The best way to promote your podcast on JioSaavn is to build your followers on the platform. You can do this by letting your social media followers know that your podcast is available on JioSaavn. Encourage your fans to follow your podcast on JioSaavn. Any new episode will get added to their podcast library automatically once they have followed the podcast, making it easier for them to discover & stream the new episodes.14.How can I contact the JioSaavn Podcast Support team?If you want to reach us out, you can always write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. It will be really helpful if you could include your name, RSS Feed, hosting provider in your email to help us faster..15.What are the content guidelines for submitting podcasts through YourCast?Please refer to this document here for the guidelines.